It’s common for individuals to not fully understand just how important taking care of their mental health is. Arguable, caring for your mental health is the best thing you can do for yourself, your body, your mind, your productivity and those you love.
Studies have shown that when someone takes care of their mental health, they are more likely to experience increased productivity levels and overall wellness in all areas of life. Your mental health should be one of the most vital aspects of your life.
If you’re not caring for yourself, it’s more difficult to care for others as well as responsibilities that need your attention.
Here are 20 things your mental health is more important than.
- Your grades.
- What others think of you.
- Looking “tough”.
- Your family and friends expectations of you.
- How many times your selfie was liked on social media.
- Your qualifications.
- Saying “yes” to people who don’t appreciate you.
- Looking “cool”.
- A party.
- Your job.
- Your body size.
- Your social status.
- Your followers or friends on social media.
- Being “strong” for others.
- Dinner plans.
- Material things.
- A work deadline.
- A goal that is 5+ years in the future.
- Societal expectations – a milestone you’re “supposed” to reach at a certain age.
Want help to restore your mental health? Get started today by calling us at 618-282-6233 and as about our Open Access program.